Wednesday, January 2, 2013

More… Why Not.

So in my newfound desire to tell stores with my artwork (Comic Books), I found some useful information from a new magazine at the local convenience store “Comic Scene International”. This was the first insight I had into the world of Comic Books. I now had some interviews with the creators, information about the various companies and comics coming out. There was very little on how to make comics, but it was a start. It wasn’t until the early 90’s and a magazine called “Wizard” that I really learned about the behind the scenes and how to stuff. But “Comic Scene International” was a good start. I still have the first issue and the few that I had of them, granted they are not in great shape.

My first issue of “Wizard” was number 11, right around the launch of Image Comics. There was an interview with Todd McFarlane and more information than I had previously had access to. So….yep, that was an important step for me.


Comic Scene #1


Wizard # 11 (1st one for me)

No comments: